- People have been reporting the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” error for some time now.
- The reason for this message to appear could be if the song indeed isn’t licensed in your country. But it could also appear due to various bugs.
- The most common solutions for this problem are: Re-syncing your iPhone with iTunes, disabling VPN, and updating iOS.
Why does the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” message appear
Here are some of the most common reasons why the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” message may appear:
- The song isn’t licensed in your country of residence
- There’s been a bug inside the latest iOS release
- You’re using a VPN.
- Your iPhone is out of sync with iTunes
How to fix the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” error
The obvious reason for the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” message to appear is if the song really isn’t licensed in your country. In that case, you can’t do anything about it. But if you suspect that the song(s) should be there, here are some of the things you can try to resolve this problem:
1. Reboot your iPhone. Let’s try the most obvious and generic solution first. To reboot your iPhone, press and hold the Side button + the Volume Down button at the same time, until the Power off slider appears. Just drag the slider to the right, and your iPhone will power off.
2. Re-sync your iPhone with iTunes. Some people on the forums suggest that re-syncing your iPhone with iTunes resolve the problem. Here’s how to do that:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- In iTunes, click the device icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Select Music from the left panel.
- In the Music tab, deselect Sync Music and tap Sync in the bottom right corner.
- Now, remove your iPhone from your computer, and return to step 1. This time, select Sync Music under the Music tab, and choose the music you want to sync with your iPhone.
3. Disable VPN. If you’re using a VPN, there’s a chance a song isn’t available in the country you assigned to your iPhone using a VPN. So, it’s a good idea to disable it. To disable VPN on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, and disable the VPN.
5. Update iOS. Some previous updates were known to have caused the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” issue, so you’ll want to keep your iPhone up to date to be safe. To check for updates, head over to Settings > General > Software Update. If the new update is available, install it and see if the problem persists.
6. Reset Warnings in Apple Music and iTunes. Some users managed to fix the problem by resetting the Dialogue Warnings in iTunes. Here’s how to do that:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- On a Mac: Go to [Music/iTunes] > Preferences > Advanced.
- On a PC: Go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced.
- Click Reset Warnings, and click OK.
7. Sign out of Apple ID. If nothing else works, you can try and sign out of your Apple ID, and then sign back in. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, and go to Sign out.
- Type your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- A window asking you which data you want to copy from your iCloud account to your phone. keep in mind that this might delete some data from your phone, so you’ll want to carefully read the instructions on this page.
- Once you’ve decided what you want to keep, tap Sign Out.
- Now that you’re signed out, head back to Settings, and go Sign in to your iPhone.
- Enter your credentials, tap Next, enter your passcode, and you’re back in.
That’s about it. I hope at least one of these solutions helped you with the “This song is not currently available in your country or region” error. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comments below.