In this day and age, one can be easily overwhelmed by the sheer number of notifications. To reduce that absolute clutter, we can set some priorities and disable notifications for non-essential apps. Snapchat and other social media apps easily fall into that category, with all sorts of necessary notifications coming your way. If you were wondering how to disable notifications on your Android or iPhone, we made sure to explain everything below.
However, you don’t have to disable notifications completely. You always have an option to disable only certain categories or mute Chats and Group Chats. Tweaking notifications to your needs might be better than turning them off completely.
Table of contents:
How to mute Snapchat notifications?
1. Turn off Snapchat notifications on Android
You can turn off Snapchat notifications on Android within app settings or in System settings. If you don’t want to be notified for certain categories, users, or Chats and Group Chats in Snapchat settings the in-app settings are the way to go. Still, the in-app notification settings are secondary. Because, if you’ve disabled notification settings in the system, changing in-app notification settings won’t do anything. So, if you don’t want push notifications from Snapchat at all, your best bet is to navigate to system settings and disable everything there.
Here’s how to turn off Snapchat notifications on Android:
- On your Android, open Settings.
- Then tap Apps. Expand all apps.
- Locate and open Snapchat from the list of available apps.
- Choose Notifications. You should see the list of all notification categories here. If not, select Notification categories.
- You can disable Show notifications.
Otherwise, if you like to tweak notifications in the app, here’s what to do:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on the Account icon at the top left corner.
- Now, tap on the cog icon in the top right corner to open Settings.
- Choose Notifications. Here, you can disable all sorts of notification categories. Or just uncheck the Enable Notifications box to disable all notifications.
On the other hand, to mute individual Chats or Group Chats on Snapchat for Android, open Chats from the bottom bar or swipe right. Tap and hold onto the group or individual chat and open More and then choose Message Notifications. Then just tap Silent. This applies to iOS, as well.
2. Disable Snapchat notifications on iOS
The procedure is similar on iOS with a few obvious differences. The in-app settings are the same but there’s only one toggle in system settings that disables all notifications. With that in mind, here’s how to disable Snapchat notifications on your iPhone or iPad:
- On your iPhone, open Settings.
- Choose Snapchat.
- Tap Notifications. Toggle off Allow Notifications or open Snapchat Notification Settings.
- Now, uncheck the boxes of notifications you want to mute.
As simple as that. You can enable notifications again in the same menu. With that said, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading and make sure to share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. As always, we look forward to hearing from you. You can also reach us on Twitter or Facebook.