All Google services combined, if you choose to utilize them, can make your life much easier. One common thing that might be of importance for Google Maps users is setting your Home (and work) address. It might be quite useful for your commute, directions, and even exploration.
Today, we made sure to explain why you should do it and how to do it with ease.
How to add your home address to Google Maps
Adding a home address to Google Maps has a few advantages. First of all, the app will automatically get an offline map for a whole surrounding area.
That includes all stores and places nearby that might be of use if you live in a large urban area. You wouldn’t need mobile data while on the move to get information about various venues. Restaurants, shops, municipal buildings — you name it.
But, the most obvious reason is simpler navigation through maps. Not to mention that, if you use Google Assistant frequently, having your home address added will affect all kinds of insights. Starting with the weather forecast for your location.
Adding your work address has similar benefits, as you’ll get timely traffic insights and directions.
Here’s how to set Home or Work address to Google Maps:
- Open Google Maps and make sure that you are online.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu and open Your places.
- Under the Labeled tab, tap on the Home and insert your address or choose it on the map.
- You can do the same for the Work address.
- Additionally, get back to Your Places > Labeled, tap on the 3-dot menu next to Home or Work and choose custom icons.
How to remove home or work address from Google Maps
On the other hand, if you want to remove Home, Work, or any other favorite address from Google Maps, you can do it with ease. You can set the Home address to Google Maps again anytime.
Follow these steps to remove home or work address from Google Maps:
- Open Google Maps again.
- Tap Your places under the hamburger menu.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu next to Home and delete your home address.
- Alternatively, you can change the address by tapping on it and, either typing in your address or pinning it on the map.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading and make sure to post your questions or suggestions in the comments section below. We always look forward to your feedback.