Once Facebook, Inc. acquired Instagram a couple of years ago, they made sure to work on the integration and unifying both social networks they own. You can share Instagram posts and stories on Facebook and vice versa without hustle. You can also use Facebook to log into Instagram.
However, there seems to be a problem with this integration for some users as they state that Instagram won’t connect to Facebook. If you are experiencing this problem yourself, make sure to continue reading and we’ll sort it out.
Table of contents:
- Clear cache and data from both apps and try again
- Un-link the Facebook account and link it again
- Check whether Sharing options are enabled
- Reinstall both apps
Instagram won’t connect or share to Facebook
There’s a variety of reasons why Instagram won’t connect or share posts or stories to Facebook. First of all, ensure that you are signed to the Facebook account you already linked to Instagram and that your accounts are not temporary or permanently terminated.
If you are sure everything is right but still have a problem, follow the steps below.
Solution 1 – Clear cache and data from both apps and try again
Let’s start by clearing cache and data in both apps. After that, you should sign in again to your Facebook account and try logging into Instagram via Facebook. Both apps tend to pile a lot of locally stored data and cache which, in the long run, can cause issues.
Follow these instructions to clear cache and data from Facebook and Instagram:
- Open Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Open Instagram from the list of apps.
- Select Storage.
- Clear Cache.
- Now, Clear Data and reboot your device.
- Repeat this for Facebook.
- Log into Facebook first.
- Now, sign into Instagram with the Facebook Log-In option and try sharing any post or story to see whether the issue is still present.
Bonus: Take care of your passwords!
Are you using the same password for all your accounts? Is it something simple like the name of your pet or the club you're rooting for? If the answer is yes, you're not making it any harder for hackers and other scammers to break into your account.
It's strongly recommended that you use a complex combination of letters, numbers, and symbols instead of super-predictable words that mean something to you.
But who's going to remeber all that? Well, you don't need to. All you need to do is subscribe to a password manager, store all your passwords inside, and use it to log into all your accounts.
Our sponsor is NordPass, so if I convinced you to invest in a password manager, you might as well give this one a try. It's reliable, convinient, and most importantly, it's new on the market, so you can get it for half the price right now!
Solution 2 – Un-link the Facebook account and link it again
The next step to take is to unlink the Facebook account and link it again with Instagram. There might be a temporary problem with the interlinking between Facebook services at the moment.
Follow these instructions to unlink the Facebook account to Instagram and link it again:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on your Profile in the bottom right corner.
- Now, open the hamburger menu and choose Settings.
- Select Account.
- Open Linked Accounts.
- Select Facebook and tap Unlink.
- Close Instagram and navigate back to Linked Accounts > Facebook.
- Link your account again.
Solution 3 – Check whether Sharing options are enabled
If you are able to sign into Instagram with Facebook but unable to share stories or posts, make sure to check Sharing options. Usually, there’s a prompt informing you that you can share all posts and stories to Facebook.
However, there’s a chance that you skipped on the prompt or accidentally declined it. So, what you need to do is enable it and everything should work without problems.
Follow these instructions to enable Instagram Stories and Posts sharing to Facebook:
- Navigate to Instagram > Profile > Settings > Account > Linked Accounts.
- Select Facebook and make sure that the right Facebook account is linked to Instagram.
- Now, just enable Share Your Story to Facebook and Share Your Posts to Facebook.
Solution 4 – Reinstall both apps
Finally, if none of the aforementioned solutions worked, we suggest reinstalling both apps and trying again. Of course, after the reinstall, navigate to Instagram Settings and change share options.
Here’s how to reinstall Instagram and Facebook with ease:
- Open the Play Store and look for Instagram.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Search for Facebook and uninstall it as well.
- Reboot your device and go back to the Play Store.
- Install Instagram and Facebook again.
- Firstly, log into Facebook and then use Facebook to sign into Instagram.
With that said, we can conclude this article. If the problem persists, you can send a report ticket to Instagram, here. Thank you for reading and if you have any related issues besides Instagram that won’t connect to Facebook, make sure to tell us in the comments section. We are always keen to try and help.