If HBO Max can’t play a title on Android, that’s usually due to connection issues on your or Max’s side. In case you’re sure that the connection is not the problem, you can reset the app, and update the firmware and Google Play system updates.
Why is HBO Max not working on my phone?
Some of the common reasons why you get the Can’t play the title error on HBO Max for Android are:
- connection issues.
- server-side issues or temporary server maintenance.
- and, to a lower extent, app and system issues.
With that in mind, there are a few applicable solutions you can use to fix this problem and get back to uninterrupted streaming.
How to fix HBO Max if it won’t play series or movies on your Android
1. Make sure you’re connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. The first thing to do is to ensure that your own internet connection is not causing the problem at hand. If you notice any connection problems in other apps, too, disconnect and connect again to your network. You can find additional steps to fix connection issues on Android, here.
2. Enable Mobile data streaming. If you want to use mobile data to stream content from HBO Max on your Android, you should disable the Stream Over Wi-Fi Only option in HBO Max > Profile > Settings > Video Options. Once you do that, you should be able to stream HBO Max content over Mobile data, too. Also, check if HBO Max has access to Background data usage in Settings > Apps > HBO Max > Mobile data.
3. Check if HBO Max is down. We are talking about a streaming service that has around 80 million users worldwide. So, server-side problems will occur from time to time. You can learn if HBO Max is down in your region, here. If it is, give it some time and you’ll be back to streaming your favorite content.
4. Clear app data. App data might get corrupted so occasionally resetting the app, although strenuous, should help you with the issue at hand. So, you should clear app data from HBO Max in Settings > Apps > HBO Max > Storage. Have in mind that this will clear all downloaded content, as well. After you clear all data, sign in again with your credentials and give streaming another try.
5. Reinstall HBO Max. Reinstalling the app is also an option. Although, if clearing data didn’t help, this might not serve any purpose in most cases. Still, it’s worth a try. You can uninstall HBO Max from Play Store, install it again, and check if the issues are still there.
6. Update your device’s firmware. Finally, the only remaining thing that comes to mind is updating the device’s firmware. Additionally, this applies to Google Play System Updates that are usually available in Settings > Security > Google Play system update, too.
That’s all. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to reach out to us in the comments section below. We’re always open to questions or suggestions.