Discord is one of the most interesting services out there and one of the leading group-chatting tools, especially adored by younger generations. Its app for Android is good enough but some issues can occasionally bother users. One common problem seems to concerns push notifications. It seems that Discord push notifications are not working on Android for some users.
If that’s the case with you, as well, check the solutions we listed below to fix the problem in no time.
Table of contents:
- Check in-app notification settings
- Check system notification settings
- Make sure channels and conversations are not muted
- Clear cache and data from Discord
- Reinstall the Discord app
Why won’t my Discord notifications pop up?
We have a few suggestions before you start with the troubleshooting. Firstly, restart your device and test Discord to see if there are incoming notifications. Don’t forget to disable the Do Not Disturb mode.
The second thing you should do is sign out and sign in again. You’ll get an email to the registered email account asking to confirm the IP address/location. Confirm and sign in again in the Discord app for Android. If the issue persists, start with troubleshooting by inspecting notification settings first.
1. Check in-app notification settings
Moving on. There are two things you need to check first. In-app notification settings and system notification settings are a rather obvious step when troubleshooting push notifications in Discord or any other app.
Let’s start with the in-app notification settings. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Discord.
- Tap on the Profile icon (bottom right corner).
- Scroll down and, under the App Settings section, open Notifications.
- Make sure that both System notifications and In-app notifications are enabled.
2. Check system notification settings
Now, to expand on the previous step, we’ll need to check system settings, as well. You can repeat the steps from the previous step. When you open Notifications, tap Tweak notification settings.
In here, you’ll see the main toggle for incoming notifications along with different sections like Call, Direct Messages, Voice, and others. Make sure that all sections are enabled.
If you have some time on your hand, tap on each section (or the ones you prefer) and tweak notification sounds and vibration. You can also choose to exclude Discord from DND and to show notifications as a pop-up.
3. Make sure channels and conversations are not muted
If everything is properly set but Discord push notifications are still not working, make sure to check individual channels or conversations. Ensure that conversations are not muted and that the Mobile Push Notifications are enabled.
4. Clear cache and data from Discord
If that didn’t help, you can start tackling possible app issues. The best way to deal with Android issues concerning third-party apps is to clear the local data.
Follow these steps to clear data from Discord on Android:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Expand All apps. This might differ based on your device.
- Open Discord.
- Tap Storage.
- Clear data and restart your phone.
- Open Discord, sign in, and check for improvements.
5. Reinstall the Discord app
If you are still experiencing issues with Discord notifications on Android, you can try and reinstall the app. This will automatically get you the latest iteration of Discord for Android, so there’s a positive.
The negative is that reinstallation and clearing data are not all that different. And, if the previous solution didn’t have a positive outcome, it’s questionable whether reinstallation will help or not.
Either way, it’s worth a try. Here’s how to reinstall Discord on your Android:
- Open Play Store.
- Look for Discord and expand the app from results.
- Tap Uninstall and restart your handset.
- Get back to Play Store and reinstall Discord.
- Open the app, sign in, and look for improvements with push notifications.
You can also report the problem by submitting a report to Discord support, here, and ask for a resolution. That should do it. Thank you for reading and feel free to share your thoughts, questions, or suggestions with us. You can do that in the comments section below.