Play Station Account is really invaluable, as all games and all achievements and everything else related to your console are assigned to it. This implores that you use an accessible and secure email account to avoid issues and not fall prey to hackers. Some users were wondering how to change their PSN Email (Sign-in ID). Of course, you can do that by simply following the instructions provided below.
Can I change my PSN email ID?
Yes, you can. You can change your Play Station account email and password just like you can do with most other services. You can’t do this on the console, so you’ll need either a PC or a smartphone where you can access Account Settings. Once there, changing your email ID is a rather straightforward procedure.
Here’s how to change your PSN email:
- Navigate to Sony Account Settings.
- Sign in with your email address and password. If you have set up 2-Step Verification, you’ll need to enter the code provided to you by SMS.
- Select Security and tap or click Continue.
- Next to the Sign-In ID (Email Address) tap or click Edit.
- Enter the new email address and confirm. You’ll get the link to confirm the Sign-In ID sent to the newly-assigned email address.
- Confirm the address with the link and you’re good to go.
You might need to sign in again on your PS console with your PSN account bearing the new email address in order to access it. Changing your email frequently can be suspicious and lead to Sony flagging your account, so we don’t recommend changing your email address every day or something ludicrous like that.
Also, on the same Security screen, you can change your password, change security questions, and add your mobile number to be used as the 2-Step Verification method. The option to enable or disable the 2-Step Verification is also there.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to share your thoughts, questions, or suggestions with us in the comments section below. As always, we look forward to hearing from you.