- If you can’t change your Google Assistant voice, you can try resetting the Google app, uninstalling updates, or leaving the Beta program.
- Issues like these are rare and they usually have something to do with recent updates.
- If the aforementioned steps didn’t help, you can try sideloading an older version of the Google app on your Android.
Why can’t I change the voice of my Google Assistant?
1. Clear local data from the Google app. The first thing to do is to clear the local data from the Google app. You can do that in system settings. On your Android, open Settings > Apps > Google and select Storage. Tap Manage data and clear all data. After that, restart your Android, open Google Assistant settings, and try changing the Assistant voice. You can ask your assistant to open those or navigate to Settings > Google > Settings for Google Apps > Search, Assistant & Voice > Google Assistant.
2. Uninstall updates and install the app again. You can also try uninstalling updates from the Google app to fix Google Assistant issues. With the Google app being a system app, you can’t remove it completely. What you can do is reset its latest version to factory settings. To do so, navigate to Settings > Apps > Google and tap on the 3-dots menu. Select Uninstall updates. Try changing the voice before updating the app. If that’s not possible, update the app and try again.
3. Leave the Google app Beta program. Another thing we frequently recommend to users with Google Assistant issues is to leave the Beta program for this app. Although it’s mostly stable, some issues occur from time to time. Issues that are not frequently found on the stable version. To leave the beta program, you need to navigate to Play Store > Google. Scroll down and leave the beta program. After that, we suggest clearing local data again and trying to access Assistant Settings.
4. Sideload an older version of the Google app via an APK. Finally, you can try sidel0ading a recent version of the Google App from APK Mirror and installing it on your phone. We explained the whole procedure, here, so make sure to check it out.
If the issues continue, report the problem to Google Support, here, or open the Google app > Account menu > Help & feedback. Thank you for reading and leave your thoughts in the comments section below.