Many of us use YouTube daily and the number of videos you’ve run through over months and years piles up fast. So what to do if you want to find a particular video and you don’t know any title keywords but remember the date? Sadly, you’re out of luck. You can’t search YouTube Watch History by date. Some things can help, but if these are futile, you’re left to eternal scrolling through the list of videos. We have some things to suggest below. Make sure to check them out.
Can I filter Youtube Watch History by date?
The simple answer would be — well, not really but kind of. You can’t filter or search YouTube Watch History by date only in Google Account Management and the only thing you can use is the “Show history older than” filter. This filter allows you to pick a date and show videos you’ve watched before that date. Other than that, you’re stuck with keyword/text queries or relentless scrolling until you find that one video you’re looking for.
Don’t forget that there is the Interactions subcategory so if you liked or disliked a video and you like/dislike videos scarcely, that might be an easier way to filter through videos. With that in mind, here’s how to search for videos in YouTube Watch History from the Google Account Management console on smartphones and desktops:
- You can immediately navigate My Account on your PC. You may need to sign in with your Google Account (the same one you use for YouTube). Do the same on Android/iOS smartphones and skip all the way to step 5. Or, if you prefer an alternative option, open YouTube.
- Select Library.
- Tap on the 3-dots menu and select History controls.
- Now, tap Manage all activity. This will take you to the YouTube section under Google Account management.
- Tap on the calendar icon next to the search bar to select the date for the “Show history older than” option.
- You can also select Interactions and choose YouTube likes and dislikes. Or Comments on YouTube if that can help you find that video you were looking for.
Anything you’ve ever done on YouTube, both as a viewer and content creator, can be found. Sadly, if you’re not aware of the approximate wording in the title, the date search won’t help you all that much.
The lack of applicable useful filters in YouTube Watch History can be quite a headache. Considering that there are thousands of videos, assuming that you’ve never cleared or paused Watch History. But, we are sure that you’ll find some time if it’s itching you to locate the video. Until Google introduces more search options for YouTube Watch History in the future.
Thank you for reading and we hope this article answers your question. What are your thoughts on the subject? Make sure to tell us in the comments section below.