- Many people have reported that their iPhone alarm is quiet.
- The most common reasons for a quiet alarm are the wrong sound settings and interferences with third-party apps.
- But it can also happen due to bugs caused by iOS updates
Common reasons for a quiet alarm on your iPhone
Some of the most common reasons why your iPhone alarm is quiet are:
- Low volume
- Wrong alarm sound settings
- Third-party alarm apps
- System bugs
How to deal with a quiet alarm on your iPhone
Here are some of the most common solutions for quiet alarm sound on iPhone:
1. Turn up the volume. Use the Volume Up button on the side of your iPhone to increase volume. If you want your alarm sound to be independent of the system volume level, you can go to Settings > Sound & Haptics, and uncheck the Change with Buttons option. This will allow your alarm to go off at maximum volume, regardless of the system sound level.
Note: You don’t have to check your Do Not Disturb settings, because this mode DOESN’T affect your alarm. The same goes for the Silent Mode, as your alarm will go off regardless of the Silent Mode status.
2. Check the Alarm Sound settings. Head over to the Clock app, tap Edit, choose your preferred alarm, and tap Sound. Make sure Sound isn’t set to None, and instead choose a preferred alarm sound.
3. Use a louder alarm sound. Various alarm sounds differ in volume levels. So, if the alarm sound that’s currently selected isn’t loud enough, go ahead and choose another one. Head over to the Clock app, tap Edit, choose your preferred alarm, tap Sound, and choose another sound.
4. Update iOS. There’s a chance the latest iOS update has brought a bug that causes the alarm to go silent. In that case, your best bet is to wait for Apple to release a fix and update your iPhone.
5. Delete third-party apps. Third-party alarm apps may interfere with iPhone’s alarm. Try deleting any third-party alarm apps and check if the problem persists.
6. Turn off Bluetooth. You may still be connected to a Bluetooth headset, which could interfere with the alarm. To make sure nothing interferes with your alarm sound, go on and disable Bluetooth before going to bed.
That’s about it. I hope at least one of these solutions helped you resolve the problem with a quiet alarm on your iPhone. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comments below.