Two days ago, Nokia announced the rollout of Android 10 to the Nokia 7.1. This announcement marks the third Nokia phone to receive the Android 10 update, after the Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 9 PureView received it a few days back.
According to the company, the Nokia 7 Plus, 6.1, and 6.1 Plus are next in line for Android 10. Users of these devices should start receiving Android 10 by the end of the year, or at the beginning of 2020.
The update brings all of Android 10’s signature features to the Nokia 7.1, including the popular Dark Mode, the new gestures, and the redesigned permissions system. However, the new Android 10 Focus Mode is set to arrive later, as it’s still in beta.
How to update Nokia 7.1 to Android 10
The global rollout of Android 10 has just started, which means some users will probably have to wait a day or two for the update to appear for them. You’ll be notified when the update is ready for install, but you can also check manually to make sure its there.
Here’s how to update your Nokia 7.1 to Android 10:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to About Phone > System updates.
- Tap Check for Updates to check if your phone has received the update yet.
Nokia 7.1 Android 10 issues
Some users have already installed the update. While the update’s been a smooth ride for some, others are experiencing a few issues. Here’s what one user reported on Nokia forums:
- “Audio is messed up. there is a distortion when you play WhatsApp audio messages, the same issue is with some games and broadcasting apps like BIGO Tv, etc..
- Battery Draining so Fast, hardly 5-6 Hours standby time.
- It takes forever to charge the phone, no quick charge at all.
- When you switch between apps, every app just reloads itself, the duration to keep them in memory was good enough in Pie“.
Now, that doesn’t mean you’ll encounter the same issues when you install Android 10 on your Nokia 7.1. You may not have a single problem, or something else might bother you. It’s really a roll of the dice.
If you have encountered any problems upon installing Android 10 on your phone, feel free to share them with us in the comments below.