One of the best Android phones from 2015 that still stands firm must be the Nexus 6P. Google and Huawei made a brilliant, 5.7-inch handset fueled with pure Android. Besides the Pixel models, you won’t find cleaner and faster Android in the market.
Moreover, besides the great camera and an amazing display, the Nexus 6P received rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Nowadays, that’s a norm for high-end phones and manufacturers are working on handy ways to utilize this function. With the upcoming Nougat update, we can expect interesting additions to fingerprint features. Today, we prepared the showcase for this feature so you’ll be timely informed.
New Nexus 6P Fingerprint Gestures on Nougat 7.1.2 (expected in April 2017)
Long-awaited gestures are almost here
Fingerprint gestures were implemented in the Nexus 5x in some of the previous updates. Users demanded this feature on their premium Nexus 6P and now it’s finally coming. So, you’ll be able to use the built-in gestures instead of 3rd-party app alternatives.
With the fingerprint gestures, you’ll be able to open your Notification area in the simple swipe downwards. That should speed up your accessibility while maintaining phone security untouched. You can toggle On this feature in Settings > Moves.
How to acquire Nougat 7.1.2 Beta on Nexus 6P
However, since the full version can be delayed, you may want to try out the beta version. This update is the Pixel and Nexus exclusive so other devices are not eligible. To update to 7.1.2 Beta, follow these instructions:
- Open your browser and navigate to this address.
- Sign In with your Google Account that is active on your Nexus 6P.
- Scroll down until you find the Nexus 6P and click Enroll device.
- Accept the Terms of the Beta program and tap Join.
- You should be prompted with a message that your device is enrolled.
- You should receive the 7.1.2 Beta update notification immediately but it can sometimes last for 24 hours.
- When the notification appears, choose Download.
- Now, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi and your battery is full.
- Tap Restart & Install to start the installation process.
Have in mind that the Beta versions may have glitches, bugs, and issues of different sorts. However, if something goes wrong, you can easily unenroll and return to a stable Nougat version. Just be sure to backup your data, because the downgrade will wipe your system clean.
That should wrap it up. Besides fingerprint sensor improvements, we are looking forward to Night mode addition that should make the all-around experience much better.
If you have some questions or remarks, we would be grateful to hear from you.