- Adding a Family member to Google Nest (Google Home) can be done from the Google Home app.
- You can add up to 19 people with varying access permissions including up to 9 people with Full Access and up to 10 people with Home Entry Only access (supported only with certain Nest devices).
- What added members can do depends on the access level they have. They still won’t be able to access your personal notifications or change subscriptions.
If you have a lot of smart devices around the house, you’ll probably want other members of your household to use them. For some devices, you don’t need to add other users, but there are many Nest devices that won’t offer all features unless the Owner (you) is not using them. So, make sure to add your family members or roommates by following the instructions provided below.
Can I add another user to Nest?
You can add family members to Nest and allow them to control smart devices, tweak settings, and invite other family members or roommates. It’s actually really simple to add a user to your home and select their access level, and you can find the option in the Add menu in the Google Home app.
Here’s how to add another user to your home on Google Nest:
- Open the Google Home app.
- Now, tap on the + icon at the top left corner.
- Once there, select Invite home member.
- Tap Invite person and enter their name or email address.
- Follow the instructions and wait until the invited member accepts the invitation.
Family members, roommates, or visitors can send you invites to join the household and you’ll be notified about those. You need to accept them in order for them to gain control over devices in your home.
If you want to remove certain members, you can do it from the Google Home app. Here’s how to remove a Family member from the Google Home app:
- Open Google Home.
- Tap Settings and then open Household.
- Tap on the member you want to remove from your Home.
- From the top right corner, tap Remove.
You can learn about the differences between Full Access and Home Entry Only access levels on Google’s dedicated page.
And, with that said, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading and we hope that this article answers your question in a concise manner. If you want to post questions or suggestions, feel free to do so in the comments section below.