fbpx

iOS 13.5.1 issues: Battery drain, Bluetooth problems, and more

Apple recently released the latest iOS 13.5.1 update. The update is available to users of all compatible iPhone Models. Unlike the previous update, this one doesn’t bring any new features but instead focuses on improving the overall security of the OS.

Although Apple’s update release notes aren’t very clear on what exactly the new update does, it does state that the update addresses the vulnerability exploited by the uncover jailbreak. With that being said, most jailbreakers would want to avoid this update. The rest of the users can comfortably install this release, and they won’t notice any difference in the way their iPhone works.

Or will they?

Although the new update brings zero new features, it actually causes some problems to users who installed it. Users are reporting battery drains, Bluetooth issues, connectivity problems, and more.

However, none of the problems seems to be widespread, as these are the individually reported cases. You have better chances of installing the update without any problems, than being stuck with an annoying issue. Nevertheless, I’m going to list some of the reported problems here, so you can see what could potentially go wrong.

iOS 13.5.1 battery drain

Reports about the battery drain caused by iOS 13.5.1 have been circulating on Twitter since the update’s release. Here’s one of the complaints:

Right now, the solution to this problem is unknown. It appears that users experiencing the battery drain issue will have to wait for Apple to release a follow-up update.

iOS 13.5.1 Bluetooth issues

Although reported by the smaller number of users, it appears that Bluetooth also doesn’t work for some people who installed iOS 13.5.1.

iOS 13.5.1 Face ID issues

Although iOS 13.5 improved Face ID to make it work with face masks, some people apparently have problems with it stretching to iOS 13.5.1.

Other problems

Besides the above-mentioned issues that appear to be more common, there are also a few more problems, including a camera problem, weird charging (though this one wasn’t specified, so I can’t tell you whether it was indeed caused by iOS 13.5.1, and a SIM card issue where the phone shows SIM cards as invalid.

Unfortunately, there are no confirmed solutions to any of these problems. Apple support usually recommends generic solutions to particular problems, by I doubt any of those will be helpful. Users that were hit by the update will probably have to wait for a patch.

Have you experienced any issues after installing iOS 13.5.1? If so, feel free to share them with us in the comments below.

65 COMMENTS

Notify of
guest
65 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Jiju
Jiju
June 24, 2020 9:52 am

Battery drains so fast

Gottfreund
Gottfreund
June 23, 2020 9:21 pm

iPhone 8 shutting down randomly. Sometimes the battery says low like 11%. When I put it on charger and reset, the percentage immediately shows a much higher number well above 50% depending on where it was on failure I think. Battery charge does not appear to last as long either.

Mike M
Mike M
June 25, 2020 2:18 pm
Reply to  Gottfreund

I’m having similar problems with my iPhone 8 and a friend with and iPhone 10 same issues. All started after installing iOS 13.5.1. See my detailed post dated June 25, 2020 for some specific info.

Savage Truth
Savage Truth
June 23, 2020 5:54 am

It wasn’t about fixing issues, it was about tracking your location at all times for the Fake Flu hence the battery drain.
Someone at the Apple concentration camp let it slip and tried to backpedal. They have also been messing with taking your temperature when the phone is next to your ear then auto informing the “gestapo” if you have traveled “without your papers”.

Heather
Heather
June 21, 2020 5:41 am

My daughters IPAD pro apple pencil gen 2 won’t synch after the update last night. Tried everything. I have only seen issues reported and seen solutions with gen 1 pencil. Anyone else having this issue? She also noticed it won’t charge to 98% which was a solution for some gen 1 pencil synch issues.

Mmmmm
Mmmmm
June 21, 2020 3:21 am

Horrible blue tooth problems
Screen going crazy
Keyboard going crazy

Silversand19
Silversand19
June 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Now I know why my iPad and iPhone batteries are leaching out with no reason. From hero to zero in no time. So annoying!

Thomas
Thomas
June 20, 2020 7:38 pm

It seems after the update the battery doesn’t charge from an external battery. It keeps cutting off the charge so the phone battery drains.

John Welcj
John Welcj
June 20, 2020 5:20 pm

After installing IOS 13.5.1 I am experiencing storage issues. I have deleted at least 15 Apps and storage drops bt then starts climbing again to max out. I have an iPhone 6S Plus with 32 gb. No storage problems at all before upgrading.

Deb
Deb
June 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Battery drain and charging issues. Won’t charge while using ipad.

Gene
Gene
June 18, 2020 6:31 pm

I have iPhone XR, running iOS 13.5.1. Since downloading this update, my battery drain is horrible! My screen is also going dark; not green, even though I have Brightness turned up to around 78%. Is Apple working on, or ignoring the widely reported battery drain issue; if not, why??? This is a terrible update! Is there any way to uninstall the update, or are we stuck with it, and have to be tethered a charger all day?

Get to know your phone!

If you just learned something new about your phone, and want more of that, subscribe to our newsletter.

We guarantee 100% privacy. Your name/email address will never be shared.
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x