fbpx

iOS 13.5.1 issues: Battery drain, Bluetooth problems, and more

Apple recently released the latest iOS 13.5.1 update. The update is available to users of all compatible iPhone Models. Unlike the previous update, this one doesn’t bring any new features but instead focuses on improving the overall security of the OS.

Although Apple’s update release notes aren’t very clear on what exactly the new update does, it does state that the update addresses the vulnerability exploited by the uncover jailbreak. With that being said, most jailbreakers would want to avoid this update. The rest of the users can comfortably install this release, and they won’t notice any difference in the way their iPhone works.

Or will they?

Although the new update brings zero new features, it actually causes some problems to users who installed it. Users are reporting battery drains, Bluetooth issues, connectivity problems, and more.

However, none of the problems seems to be widespread, as these are the individually reported cases. You have better chances of installing the update without any problems, than being stuck with an annoying issue. Nevertheless, I’m going to list some of the reported problems here, so you can see what could potentially go wrong.

iOS 13.5.1 battery drain

Reports about the battery drain caused by iOS 13.5.1 have been circulating on Twitter since the update’s release. Here’s one of the complaints:

Right now, the solution to this problem is unknown. It appears that users experiencing the battery drain issue will have to wait for Apple to release a follow-up update.

iOS 13.5.1 Bluetooth issues

Although reported by the smaller number of users, it appears that Bluetooth also doesn’t work for some people who installed iOS 13.5.1.

iOS 13.5.1 Face ID issues

Although iOS 13.5 improved Face ID to make it work with face masks, some people apparently have problems with it stretching to iOS 13.5.1.

Other problems

Besides the above-mentioned issues that appear to be more common, there are also a few more problems, including a camera problem, weird charging (though this one wasn’t specified, so I can’t tell you whether it was indeed caused by iOS 13.5.1, and a SIM card issue where the phone shows SIM cards as invalid.

Unfortunately, there are no confirmed solutions to any of these problems. Apple support usually recommends generic solutions to particular problems, by I doubt any of those will be helpful. Users that were hit by the update will probably have to wait for a patch.

Have you experienced any issues after installing iOS 13.5.1? If so, feel free to share them with us in the comments below.

65 COMMENTS

Notify of
guest
65 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Erica
Erica
June 15, 2020 6:08 am

I can no longer connect to Bluetooth o anymp device with Upgrade (?) to 13.5.1.

Plum
Plum
July 4, 2020 4:35 pm
Reply to  Ivan Jenic

Please if you have any info on an update or solution let us know.
Also, what is your opinion on going back to older iOS, even if it loses data, would it fix the battery drain and overheating (which is scary – phone feels it’s about to go up in flames)?

Naresh Kasireddy
Naresh Kasireddy
June 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Apps in my iPhone X are crashing immediately (May be in 10 to 15 seconds) after upgrading to 13.5.1. Google app is crashing in 5 seconds.

Bluetooth devices are disconnecting every now and then.

Is anybody experiencing these issues??

Angie
Angie
June 20, 2020 1:00 am

My Bluetooth is disconnecting every now and then and my apps are closing out for no reason

Melp
Melp
June 13, 2020 10:50 pm

Updated to 13.5.1 two days ago & noticed huge battery drain on my iPad. Hope they fix it soon.

Maria
Maria
June 13, 2020 9:00 pm

New handset update 13.5.1. Bluetooth not working. Not seeing any compatible devices

Kyle Miller
Kyle Miller
June 12, 2020 5:24 pm

i have huge battery drain now on 13.5.1. Have to charge twice a day minimum, and sometimes 3 times if I use my phone in just a normal way.

Amer Moust Ali
Amer Moust Ali
June 12, 2020 4:48 pm

is there any solutions ?

parthy
parthy
June 12, 2020 2:28 pm

my Iphone x drains 20% every hour at 86% battery health.
I resetted it deleting all data.
No apps are installed
and still 20% battery every hour on airplane mode

Barbara Meserve
Barbara Meserve
June 11, 2020 9:49 pm

My ipone SE will connect to bluetooth devices however they do no show up on the connected devices list. And it appears that it continues to search for them.
I tried all the fixes showing up on the various web pages, but none fix the problem.

Ryan
Ryan
June 8, 2020 7:46 am

I used to charge my phone once a night, right before bed. I’m now having to plug in my phone three to four times a day after using my phone for things that aren’t taking up a lot of resources at all. On top of that, my phone has been getting hot to the touch while doing things like scrolling through the internet. My iPhone 11 used to have insane battery life , and this is frustrating.

1 2 3 6

Get to know your phone!

If you just learned something new about your phone, and want more of that, subscribe to our newsletter.

We guarantee 100% privacy. Your name/email address will never be shared.
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x