There are many Calendar solutions out there, but the two most prominent ones are certainly Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook. Now, many users are using both or are migrating from one platform to another. And many of them want to import Google Calendar to Outlook on their Android devices.
If you want to learn how to import Google Calendar to Outlook on Android (and vice versa), follow the steps we provided below.
How do I import Google Calendar to Outlook on Android?
Some people suggest to, in order to avoid clutter, users should avoid conjoining Google and Outlook calendars into one. And they are right to some extent, considering that both Google and Outlook calendars can function separately quite fine.
Nonetheless, we also see why one would want to combine all calendars into a single app. It’s easier to work, organize, and customize one calendar for all events than to navigate between the two separately. The question is what’s easier and better for you?
If you use Office365 apps on your Android device, it might be better to stick to Outlook Calendar. If you are using Google’s G Suite, it’s an obvious choice to stick to Google Calendar and import Outlook Calendar.
That’s not a rule of a thumb and you can still decide for one or the other, regardless of the office suite you are using.
Now, to import Google Calendar into Outlook for Android is not that hard. Follow these instructions to import Google Calendar into Outlook Calendar for Android:
- Open Outlook on your Android device.
- Tap Calendar.
- Tap on the hamburger menu.
- Now, tap on the Add calendar icon in the top left corner and select “Calendars on device“.
- Check the boxes besides calendars you want to import and tap Add calendars.
- Import all calendars you want to from your Google Account and that’s it.
Now, if you want to add an Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, you’ll need to do it via the web-based client.
How to import Outlook Calendar in Google Calendar
In order to make in-depth changes to Google Calendar, including importing calendars from different clients, you’ll need to log-in to Google Calendar on the Web.
This client is usually accessed via a browser on PCs, but you can run it in the Desktop mode on your Android.
But, before importing the ICS file that is an Outlook calendar, we need to navigate to Outlook desktop application and export the calendar there.
Follow these steps to export Outlook Calendar and import it into Google Calendar on the web:
- Open the Outlook desktop client.
- Click File.
- Choose Open & Export from the left pane.
- Select Import/Export.
- Choose Export to a file when prompted.
- Choose Comma Separated Values.
- Select Calendar from the folder tree.
- Choose Starting and Ending Date for Tasks and appointments.
- Name the calendar and save it with the .csv extension.
- Now, open your Google Calendar for the Web in any browser, here, and sign in.
- Under the Other calendars, click Plus (+) and choose Import.
- Select the saved CSV file and import it to Google Calendar.
- Now, you should be able to see that calendar on your Google Calendar for Android as well.
You’ll need third-party add-ons in order to sync calendars so this probably isn’t the best option for appointments. However, if the events are predetermined and re-occurring (birthdays or holidays), this approach should be great.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Thanks for reading and, in case you have any questions or suggestions about Google Calendar or Outlook, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.