There are instances where a delicate conversation has to be saved. Now, we all know that messages can be saved in the cloud but if you need to present those messages, the best way is to keep them in physical form. And the best way to do that is to print them. Today, we’ll show you the easiest way to print out text messages on Android and iOS.
How do I print out text messages?
There are a few ways to print out text messages on Android or iOS. The most simple one is to just take a screenshot of the conversation and later print it. You can transfer it to your PC or Mac connected to a printer, send it to yourself via email, or use Google Cloud Print (Android) or AirPrint (iOS) to connect to a wireless printer with your smartphone.
You can also use Google Lens to extract words or some scan apps like Adobe Scan to create a PDF. The latter is especially useful if you have a long screenshot of the whole conversation. If you really need to have a physical copy of all messages this might be a more convenient way. To print them out if you put them in a single PDF file. But that’s not the easiest way.
Here’s the easiest way to print messages on Android:
- Open Messages and locate the conversation you want to print.
- You can usually take screenshots on Android by pressing the Volume down key and Power button simultaneously. You’ll get the prompt that allows editing of the screenshot. Here, you can crop, markup, or adjust the screenshot. This can be done later in Gallery, too.
- Now, navigate to Galery and locate the screenshots you took. You can select multiple screenshots.
- You can connect to your PC via a USB and transfer the screenshot or tap on it and select Share. Or select the Print option from the 3-dot menu.
- Share it to Google Cloud Print or Print (built-in service). Of course, you need to make sure that the printer supports Wi-Fi printing and that it’s on.
- Select the printer and choose the number of copies and paper size.
- Tap Print.
And that’s it. When it comes to iOS, the procedure is almost the same. But, instead of Google Cloud Print, you can use AirPrint.
Here’s how to print out text messages on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Messages and expand the conversation you want to screenshot.
- To take a screenshot on iPhones without Home Button (Touch ID), press the Volume up key and the Sleep/Power key simultaneously. On iPhones with Touch ID, press the Home Button and Sleep/Power key.
- Now, navigate to Photos.
- Choose a screenshot you want to print. Tap Select and mark multiple screenshots if you want to print more than one.
- Tap on the Share button at the bottom left corner and then tap Print.
- Now, select the Printer and number of copies.
- Just tap Print.
It goes without saying that you’ll need a printer that supports AirPrint (Wi-Fi printing). And, on that note, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading and if you have some questions or suggestions, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing from you.