If you don’t pay attention, Promotional emails in your Gmail will fill up incredibly fast. And, to be perfectly honest, most of those are some forgotten subscriptions or ad spam that we all neglect. And, many of us, would want them deleted and out of Gmail Inbox as soon as possible. But, sadly, the Gmail app for Android (and iOS alike) doesn’t allow you to select all emails and delete them. And in a tab with 300+ emails you don’t want to spend an hour checking the box next to every email. Not to worry, we have a solution for you and here you can learn how to delete all promotions in Gmail in no time.
How can I delete all my promotional emails at once?
An important thing to know is that you can’t do it from the Gmail app for Android. You can only do it from a web-based client. Of course, this doesn’t mean you can delete all emails from the Promotions tab from your Android or iPhone.
True, it might be easier to do it on your PC but, with Chrome’s Desktop mode on your Android/iPhone, you can simulate the PC and access advanced options offered there. Including but not limited to emptying all emails from the Promotions section in your Gmail Inbox.
If you are still not sure how to delete all promotions in Gmail on your Android/iOS device, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu and enable the Desktop site mode.
- Search for Gmail, open the web client and sign in.
- Tap on the Promotions tab.
- Check the box just under the Search icon. This will highlight all the latest promotional emails.
- Wait a bit until you see the prompt to select all emails instead of just 50 (or more if you changed the Maximum page size option).
- Then, tap Select All and just tap on the Delete icon (Trash Bin icon).
- Confirm when prompted and that’s it — all conversations in the Promotions tab will be moved to Trash.
From there, you can delete all emails permanently or roam through to find some that are worth retrieving. You can do the same for the Social Tab or alternative tabs that are not enabled by default, like Updates and Forums. You can also hide the Promotions tab in Gmail > Settings > All Settings > Inbox > Categories. Although, we would advise against this as all those emails will start pouring into your main Inbox.
And, on that note, we can conclude it. Thank you for reading and make sure to share your thoughts, questions, or suggestions in the comments section below.
1 thought on “How to delete all Promotions in Gmail”
Bless you for this! Exactly what I was looking for. I had over 120,000 in my promotions folder after not checking an email address for over a year. Many thanks!