Weather Calendar used to be a thing in Google Calendar but these days you need to use some third-party services to replicate it. Google being Google. Luckily, it’s not hard to add weather to Google Calendar and we made sure to provide our readers with detailed instructions below.
How do I get weather on my Google Calendar?
You can get weather information on your Google Calendar with a simple subscription. There are more than a few available services, some free and some paid. But, we decided on the most straightforward solution that is free.
You can buy a coffee from the developer but the service itself is completely free. It’s called Weather Forecast in Calendars and it uses OpenWeather as the forecast service to show weather icons up to 16 days in advance. You’ll also
For this, you’ll need to access the web-based Google Calendar client. Ideally, you’ll do it on a PC browser but you can also use the Desktop site mode on Chrome for Android.
Here’s how to get weather on your Google Calendar:
- Open a browser and navigate to Weather Forecast in Calendars, here.
- In the right pane, select the preferred temperature unit and average or low-high temperature. Above that, enter your location, and once everything is set, you should see the link that starts with webcal.
- Copy the link and open Google Calendar, here. Sign in with the Google Account you use on your Android.
- Click on the cog icon and open Settings.
- In the left pane, select Add calendar and then click From URL.
- Paste the link you copied from the Weather Forecast in Calendars.
- Click Add calendar.
- Exit Settings and you should see a new calendar under the Other calendars section.
- Click on it and then on 3-dots to select the color. And that’s it.
If you want to see the Weather for Forecast on Google Calendar for Android, follow these instructions:
- Open Google Calendar on your phone.
- Tap on the hamburger menu and select Settings.
- Expand all calendars under your Google Account. The Weather calendar should appear.
- Open it and toggle on Sync.
And that should do it. That’s how to add weather to Google Calendar. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to share your thoughts, questions, or suggestions with us in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing from you. Also, check out our Twitter and Facebook.