Most of you have probably heard about White Noise app and how helpful it might be for sleeping relaxation. Namely, even though most of the people refer to silence as the best surrounding when it comes to sleep, certain folks claim that the white noise, which is an audio recording, can be more deliberating than the silence itself.
Now, those white noises are mostly ambient and nature sounds in specific frequencies, and that’s simple. On the other hand, the file format in which the app stores the different (so to say) tracks might be a problem for some users. Certain users are utilizing the option to record and provide their own tracks for the leisure of pre-sleep and sleep relaxation. However, probably due to exclusivity and protection, the TMSoft had kept those in an uncommon file format, WND (Wind files). Later on, they dismissed it for other formats, but the old ones get neglected.
Where’s the problem, you might ask? Well, some of those users would like to get their hands on older recordings, but that seems to be impossible. Since there’s no an app that can open the recordings at the time, you can try a few alternatives. We presented them below, so make sure to take a look.
How to open files with Wnd extension on your Android device
Try renaming the file
Some sound files have the different extension but work in the same manner within the same format. So, what you can try is to rename the file to MP3 and give it a go. Several users managed to overcome the barrier by doing so with an Apple unknown file formats, but we can’t guarantee the same result in this regard.
Later on, if you’re able to play the renamed Wind files on your PC, you can transfer them back to your phone and use them within any given player or the White Noise app.
Use older version to open files with APK
Another way is to rewind to the older version of the app itself. That can be only done with the APK file, which you need to manually download and install on your device. It’s paramount to use the APK from trusted sources in order to avoid possible malware. Moreover, we advise you to uninstall the currently active version before you install the older APK.
If you’re not sure how to do it, follow the instructions below and we should be good to go:
- Uninstall the current version of the White Noise app.
- Download the wanted version’s APK here on your PC.
- Extract the file with WinRar or similar tool until you have the APK file.
- Connect the Android device to the PC via USB and transfer the APK file to internal memory.
- Uninstall the current version of the Snapchat app and restart your device.
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Security, and enable Unknown sources.
- Use a native file explorer or File Explorer to navigate to the folder where the APK file is stored.
- Tap to install the APK with the older version.
- After the process is finished, make sure not to install updates for the White Noise app.
That should do it. We hope that was helpful. In case you have any additional questions or suggestions regarding the subject at hand, make sure to tell us in the comments below. Thanks for reading and have a good day.
Read Next : Nokia 5 common issues, and how to solve them »Tip: How to change stack up clock format on Samsung Galaxy S8 lock screen