Apple is all about the exclusive, we are well aware. But it seems that the Google is following those trends with Pixel and Nexus handsets that are light years in front other OEMs in terms of software support. For example, some Nougat-ready models are still running Marshmallow OS, while the Android O Beta is on the horizon for Pixel and Nexus models. And most of the times, the delay is OEMs’ fault.
However, even though Android O won’t be available until later this year, you’re already able to taste some of its features on your phone. Namely, it seems that there’s a way to use the Pixel Launcher featured in the Android O Preview (version 1) release on every Android-powered device past Marshmallow 6.0.1. So, without further ado, here is how to get this exclusive launcher on your device.
How to get Pixel Launcher from Android O on any device (Marshmallow and later)
These are new features of the brand new Pixel Launcher:
”Swipe right from your home screen to see personalized Google cards that bring you news and personalized information, at just the right time.
Quick access to Google Search on your primary home screen.
Swipe up on the bottom Favorites row to find your apps from A-Z.
App Suggestions bring the app you’re looking for to the top of your A-Z list.
Long-press on apps that support shortcuts to jump right into where you need to go or long-press on the shortcuts to drag them to the home screen.”
Before you download the APK, make sure you do the following:
- Remove any previous launchers from your device.
- Backup your data if something goes wrong.
Now, let’s move to download and installation procedure, shall we.
- Download APK here.
- Go to Settings.
- Open Lock Screen and Security.
- Enable ” Unknown sources” (Allow unknown sources to be installed).
- Use any file explorer to navigate to the Download folder on phone storage.
- Find PixelLauncher-7.1.2–O-3743572.apk and extract it wherever you want.
- Install APK.
- Restart your device to resolve any glitches you may encounter within initial use.
- If you set Pixel Launcher as a system app, you’ll be able to use Google Now.
- With that, your brand new launcher is ready to use.
In case you have any issues or questions related to the subject, please tell us in the comments section.
Read Next : How to be sure no one is reading your private messages in iOS »Fix: Instagram videos not playing on iOS