HTC One M9 is the proper response of Taiwanese giant to market needs. The phone has already proved as a viable option the in flagship class. And, to be fair, even the older M8 is still great hardware-wise in comparing to other devices presented in 2014. So, acquiring either phone is well-spent money.
While all the devices from this series, including the latest HTC One 10, are vastly improving overall users experience, all of them seem to have some moderate issues. Moreover, some of them are not software related, as the M9 overheating issue. On the other hand, some of them can be solved with few tweaks or simple workarounds. One of those is related to occasional screen flickering. We brought you an easy solution for this issue.
How to get rid of HTC One M9 screen flickering
This issue is caused by some advanced interface features that are not well optimized for the respective devices. Good thing is, though, that you can overpass standard limitations and disable them with ease. And this is how.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap About.
- Once you’re there, find Build number.
- Tap 7 times on the Build number until you are prompted with ”You are now a developer!” message.
- After this Android shenanigan is done, Developer options will be enabled.
- In the Developer options disable Strict Mode, Show Pointer Location, Show Touches, Show Screen Updates, Extreme Power Saving mode and Show CPU usage.
- Restart your phone.
This should resolve your issues with screen flickers and shakes. On the other hand, if the problem is persistent, there is a grave possibility for display or battery malfunction. If you have alternative solutions, please do tell us in the comments.