As we all know, the greatest advantage of the Android OS is an extreme quantity and diversity of downloadable apps and games. You can choose from as many as 2,2 million apps and enhance your experience with the favorite handheld device or just satisfy curiosity in spare time.
But, what happens when the download won’t start or won’t finish, after it starts? Well, don’t despair, my friend, because there’s always a solution. As the matter of fact, we have a few possible workarounds for you.
What to do if you’re unable to download apps from the Play Store
Make sure you are connected to stable internet connection or mobile data network
- Always check connection before anything else. It is the simplest of problems but it occurs quite often.
- For start, reset your phone and wireless router.
Check date and time settings because Play Store goes crazy if they are set wrong
- In ”Date and time” part of Settings, uncheck ”Automatic date and time” and ”Automatic time zone’, then set current time and date.
- After that go back and check ”Automatic date and time” and ”Automatic time zone” boxes.
No, it’s just a phone, not a time travel machine, so be on point with your settings, Phineas.
Clear Play Store apps cache memory and data
- Cache is a devils lair of any android driven phone so once in a while you need to bleach it.
- Go to the ”Apps” or ”Application manager”, and in a Google Play Store app clear cache and data.
- Be aware that this will erase your saved password and settings in Play Store so you will need to set them up again.
Once in a while your overwhelmed Play Store may need reinstalling
- In ”Apps” or ”Application manager” find Google Play Store and uninstall updates. This will take it back to factory settings.
- After that, once you start it, it will update to the latest version.
- Reborn like a phoenix from the ashes of past self, it should work much faster and reliable.
Install updates to your Android OS
- System updates are mostly automatic but it won’t hurt you to check for available updates once in a while.
- In Settings>About find and install any available updates. They will improve your device stability and give your app downloading problem a swift solution.
Last but not least: Storage space and how come I made my 16gb SD card look so insufficient?
- Probably the most reliable solution for this problem is to clear some data from your internal or external storage respectively.
- Large apps and apps with lots of background work will slow your phone down and take a lot of space.
- Also, any other data like 2000 selfies from your living room or 345 of HD videos of your cat talking Klingon is crippling to your storage.
Make sure you try every of the steps and we hope your problem is solved. There are plenty new apps trending and all of them are waiting for you.
If you tried all of the 6 steps and still have a problem, be sure to write about it in the comment section. We will do our best to make it work.